Saturday, August 2, 2008

arrival!!


Hello. I am Lisa. My major is international politics. I chose this program because I want to have more opportunities to speak English.

I arrived in USA yesterday. It’s my first time to come here. When I arrived at the airport, I was very tired because the seat on the plane was too narrow and I couldn’t sleep well. However at the moment I met mentors, I cheered up!

After that, we looked around in Washington D.C. A row of house along the street was very cute! And I was so excited when I looked WHITE HOUSE!! I am looking forward to visit there in this program.

In the evening, I went to noodle for dinner with Joe. I ate cheese pasta with beef. It was very delicious! I want to eat it again. Afterward we went CVS and I bought water and strange drink which makes us up.

It was a nice day for first day. But I am afraid of making mistakes when I speak English.
I want to speak English more actively.

6 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Risa/Lisa!
I can't sleep on planes either, so I sympathize with you. It sounds like you had a pretty good evening even though the flight was uncomfortable. I wonder what the strange drink you bought at CVS is!

Please don't be afraid of making mistakes when you speak. That is how you will learn! The best language learners are risk-takers. It's like jumping into a cold swimming pool: once you are in and start swimming, the water begins to feel warmer very quickly. So it is with speaking a foreign language.

Nikki said...

Hi, I'm so glad you are here! Be careful with the energy drink you brought, it will be make you bounce of the walls! It's probably a good thing to drink before we go into D.C, but not a good thing to drink before you try to go to bed! Also, don't be worried about speaking English, I think you're doing a great job!

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Lisa^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

You've already recovered thanks to delicious pasta, right^^? By the way, the what's the "strange drink"??? I wanna know about it, hahaha XD!

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Lisa:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

I was also moved to see White House last year. Maryland has lots sight too see. You will enjoy them.

Have a great time with new friends!

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Lisa!
I enjoyed reading your post, thanks! Also, I'm glad to know that you arrived there safely.

You don't have to be afraid of making mistakes when you speak English! I think it's one of the ways to improve English. :) So, ganbatte!

tomoko said...

Hi!Did you sleep well last night?
I enjoyed shopping and having lunch with you. But we tired because we walked around. Although it's hard day, I satisfied with all of yesterday. Let's enjoy this summer!