Tuesday, August 5, 2008

sushi in the U.S.




Yesterday, we met UM students who study Japanese. I spoke with two UM students, Tomoko and Tomoya. We talked about music, sports, college, etc. They said they liked Japan. I was glad to hear that. And we played billiards and bowling. The two boys were very good at billiards! They taught me how to play it. I couldn’t play well, but I had a good time. At 4 p.m. we met the mentors and went to the Kennedy Center for a free concert. We heard the jazz ensemble of the U.S. Naval Academy Band. It was so exciting!! I love drums so much. So I was happy to hear that. Afterwards we went to a sushi bar for dinner. American sushi was so colorful and strange-tasting! It was really fun! There are many interesting foods in the U.S. I’d like to eat more various foods

6 comments:

misa said...

I wanted to play billiards and bowling, too>< and I also enjoyed jazz concert. It was very good performance!!

Kyoko said...

Hi! I wanted to play the billiards. It was really fun, wasn't it?? I agree with you. American sushi was very colorful and strange. Which do you like American or Japanese?

Nikki said...

Hi Risa! I'm glad you are having a good time in America. Also, you can practice billiards at my house on Monday because we have a table.

Nina Liakos said...

Billiards, like English, requires a lot of practice before you can do it well. A teacher who can explain clearly and demonstrate how to do it right is also helpful! :-)

It's fun to try different kinds of food when visiting a foreign country, isn't it?

Cheers,
Nina

Mike said...

All the Japanese people I know complain about sushi in the Washington area. Someone once even said it tasted a little stale. There are only a handful of places in the area which have authentic and fresh tasting sushi.

Hiromi said...

Hello, Risa!
Meeting the people who study and speak Japanese in other countries is always nice and interesting, isn't it? I once had an opportunity to do so just like you, and it made me think about the culture I belong to and how I talk about it to the others throughout the world. ^^